Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control
This course will cover the basic information concerning the process of prevention and control of infections in a home healthcare setting. The content of this course was developed to help healthcare providers understand their roles in preventing the spread of communicable diseases in a home healthcare setting. This course will cover communicable disease control, safety measures and technique as well as laws and regulations about patients and caretaker rights in a home care setting.
- Define infectious disease and the mechanisms of disease transmission
- Provide basic infection prevention principles for home care setting
- Demonstrate use of proper infection control technique to prevent exposure and spread of pathogens in a home care setting.
- Understsand HIPAA law and the role of home care take in maintaining it
- Recognize and protect the patients and caretaker rights in a home care setting