Texas Administrators 8
DADS Approved 8 hours of required pre-appointment clock hours for home health and hospice Administrators/Alternate Administrators.
This course covers:
An introduction to the following state and federal laws:
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Chapter 142, Home and Community Support Services, Chapter 250, Nurse Aide Registry and Criminal History Checks of employees and applicants in certain facilities serving the elderly or persons with disabilities.
- The Texas Human Resources Code, Chapter 102, Rights of the Elderly.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991.
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1993.
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements.
Ethics and Management.
Legal Responsibilities & Employee Rights.
Diversity in the workplace.
Orientation & Training.
Background Checks and Rights of The Elderly
- Nurse Aide Registry.
- Criminal History Check.
- Employee Misconduct Registry.
Students who enrolled in Texas Administrator 8 Also Enrolled In:
Home Care Marketing Strategy: How to Market to Doctor Offices
(4.7 / 5)
How to be an Effective Manager
(4.5 / 5)
Intro to Financial Management for Healthcare Businesses
(4.8 / 5)