Intro to Financial Management for Healthcare Businesses
Many healthcare organizations fail largely because they do not understand how to run the financial part of the company, the budget, taxes, how to improve their bottom line, etc. This class will help you understand the financial documents you need to be successful and how to apply them to your business.
- Learning Objective 1: Define common terms in financial management.
- Learning Objective 2: Identify generally accepted accounting principles in care settings, including important GAAP relevant specifically to healthcare.
- Learning Objective 3: Recognize various forms of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash-flow statements.
- Learning Objective 4: Distinguish between accounting controls such as cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Learning Objective 5: Identify budgeting issues.
- Learning Objective 6: Learn how proper accounting (and other) software improves efficiency, reduces expenses, increases revenue, etc.
- Learning Objective 7: List ways to be successful as a financial manager in a care setting.