The First Aid Guide
This course will cover the basics of adult first aid. This course was developed for home healthcare providers to provide the basic information on how to handle health emergencies in a home care setting.
This course can be taken by anyone who provides care in the home and is designed to give step by step instructions on managing health emergencies.
- Recognition of major signs of health emergencies
- Introduce basic first aid techniques.
- Identify proper first aid techniques for different types of emergency
- Understand when and how to activate emergency services (EMS)
- Define the role of a home care provider in the emergency chain of survival.